Who are we?
Have you ever wanted to build something that helps others create and explore? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help players share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of other players at the same time? Right now, we’re searching for a Junior Unity Engineer to join the team doing exactly that! We’re building what we genuinely believe is the future of creative gaming, giving the players a plethora of design tools to create games, experiences and more. Once creators are happy with what they’re building, they can share it with others, securely, knowing full well their creation is safe and more importantly - theirs.
At Ringtail, we know that your career is one of the most important investments you can make in life. So, with that in mind, we aim to support everyone that joins our team with opportunities to gain experience and grow. Whether that be through offering new roles as our company and project gains momentum, or the chance for coaching, mentoring and career support. We put an emphasis on personal growth and want you to feel that you can build not only incredible games and experiences, but your own future too.
With ground-breaking technologies available to you as a part of Ringtail, this team is unique. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a passionate Junior Unity Engineer ready to join an exciting, growing studio. You should be comfortable with working across disciplines, able to take initiative and independently find creative solutions to complex problems. We strive for creativity, organisation learning and implementing a new way of gaming on mobile.
In this position, you will build gameplay mechanics from the ground up, develop tools for both our content creators and our team, take part in the team’s software engineering processes and work with artists and designers to develop asset creation systems.
- Develop features and systems to be added to the game
- Discuss and propose the architecture behind the game systems
- Help in evaluating strategies and techniques to solve design problems
- Maintain and refactor the codebase
- Write clear and comprehensive documentation
- Work closely with artists and designers to implement new game features
- Be creative and vocal to improve the development team and process
- Experience with Unity 3D and C# development either professionally or in a school
- Experience working in game development either professionally or in a school
- Understanding of asset creation pipelines
- Proficient in English
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Interest in software architecture and clean code
- Habit to keep the Unity/Code project clean
- Passionate about games, especially mobile and freemium ones
About Ringtail Interactive
Ringtail Interactive is fast-growing technology start up working in the games industry with an overall goal of creating an unrivalled server solution to the market for use within small and medium sized enterprises. The team consists of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small development team. The company consists of two subsidiaries, Ringtail Games and Ringtail Technology.
Over the next year, we will be continuing to build the core of the team. Joining now will give you a chance to have a real impact on the company and the way in which the project develops.