About Ringtail Technology
Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help game developers share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of players at the same time?
Right now, we’re searching for a Staff Unity/System Engineer to join the team doing exactly that! Ringtail Technology is in the midst of developing a high-quality game platform that has the possibility to change the way small and medium-sized studios create connected games. Our aim is to level the playing field between the possibilities of AAA studios and all the way down to indie game developers, and YOU could be a great part of making it all possible!
Are you excited about working on a ground-breaking product, while having your autonomy and personal influence on what our team is building? With your own strengths and the qualities of the other talented people already working at Ringtail, we are creating a unique team. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for a staff level engineer with a proactive and curious mind to join us in building a game-server as a service, using modern technology and architecture.
With your team, you will work on fundamental elements of our technology, that will be shipped as an SDK, making it easy to create complex online games. You will also collaborate with our server and game specialists within your team to implement new features for our technology. You will ideate, visualize and present your creations of a world that stands out even among the best.
Your day-to-day as a Staff Unity/System Engineer
- Giving technical support to our engineers, and supporting in their day to day operations
- Taking responsibility of projects and driving technical initiatives to ensure their successful completion.
- Aligning technical work to the overall design and vision of our product
- Maintaining communication with engineers and collaborators from other areas of the company, giving and receiving feedback.
- Communicating designs on multiple levels of technical understanding
- Being pro-active in the suggestion of improvement to the product
- Be a self-driven staff engineer who can support our engineering team and put your experience within system design and architecture into action.
- Be a constant learner, always on top of new technologies and looking to update your technical knowledge.
- Previous experience in working with Unity
- Experience in game development
- End-user focus when creating tools and frameworks
- Embracing disposition towards external input (such as valuing feedback and open communication)
- Ability to be autonomous (such as taking ownership of your own tasks, seeing possible improvements in the “big picture“)
Good to have
- Experience working with other game engines like Unreal, Godot
- Experience creating MMO games
- Experience with development in IOS/Android
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills
- Collaborative and consensus-driven approach
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision
- Open to feedback and iterations
Our tech stack
- Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure DevOps
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting-edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.