About Ringtail Technology
Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help game developers share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of players at the same time?
Right now, we’re searching for a Staff Physics Programmer to join the team doing exactly that! Ringtail Technology is in the midst of developing a high-quality game platform that has the possibility to change the way small and medium-sized studios create connected games. Our aim is to level the playing field between the possibilities of AAA studios and all the way down to indie game developers, and YOU could be a great part of making it all possible!
Are you excited about working on a ground-breaking product, while having your autonomy and personal influence on what our team is building? With your own strengths and the qualities of the other talented people already working at Ringtail, we are creating a unique team. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
As Staff Physics Programmer you will be driving the design and implementation of a physics subsystem to our platform. We believe physics in games is not only your area of expertise but also your passion. You will work both in a team and independently, you will lead by taking initiative and showcasing technical excellence. This role will be based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Your day-to-day as a Staff Physics Programmer
- Giving technical support to our engineers, and supporting their day to day operations
- Taking responsibility for projects and driving technical initiatives to ensure their successful completion within the planned timeframe
- Defining the overall design and vision of our product and subsystems
- Leading the development and maintenance of the physics simulation framework
- Collaborating closely with game design teams, department leads and other programmers to implement the physics subsystem and align on the overall vision
- Being proactive in the suggestion of improvements to the product
- Giving technical direction and leadership to your colleagues
- Be a self-driven staff engineer who can support our engineering team and put your experience in system design and architecture into action
- Be a proactive team player, value feedback in both directions and take a constructive approach to it
- Be a constant learner, always on top of new technologies and looking to update your technical knowledge
- Strong motivation to work with physics in games and game tools
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math); skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Understanding of rigid body/Newtonian physics simulation in games
- Experience with existing physics engines (Havok, PhysX, Bullet)
- Practical experience with physics programming and extensive understanding of the math behind it
Good to have
- Experience in technical leadership
- Understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes
- Shipped games with heavy reliance on physics
- Experience with multiplayer games
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Open to feedback
- Collaborative and consensus-driven approach
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision
- Strong communication skills
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds to a top-secret, cutting-edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.