About Ringtail Technology
Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help game developers share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of players at the same time?
Right now, we’re searching for a Senior Server Engineer to join the team doing exactly that! Ringtail Technology is in the midst of developing a high-quality game platform that has the possibility to change the way small and medium-sized studios create connected games. Our aim is to level the playing field between the possibilities of AAA studios and all the way down to indie game developers, and YOU could be a great part of making it all possible!
Are you excited about working on a ground-breaking product, while having your autonomy and personal influence on what our team is building? With your own strengths and the qualities of the other talented people already working at Ringtail, we are creating a unique team. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
As a Senior Server Engineer, you will be guiding the design and implementation of our own distributed game server technology. You will work both in a team and independently, and take responsibility of design and implementation for key systems within our platform. We strive for technical excellence and you will be encouraged to venture outside of your comfort zone, by learning and implementing new technologies. You need to be able to take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems.
Your day-to-day as a Senior Server Engineer
- Implementing high level system design and System Architecture to our server
- Optimizing server performance and storage to scale with the growth of the infrastructure environment
- Organizing your tasks around the established priorities to ensure that deadlines are met
- Aligning technical work to the overall design and vision of our product
- Maintaining direct communication with engineers and collaborators from other areas of the company
- Communicating designs on multiple levels of technical understanding
- Being pro-active in the suggestion of improvements to the product
- Training and mentoring of junior developers
- Previous experience working in servers, and with distributed systems
- Experience with .NET and gRPC frameworks
- Experience with low level networking
- A self-driven senior engineer who can put your knowledge within system design and architecture into action
- A proactive team player who values feedback in both directions and takes a constructive approach to it
- A constant learner, always on top of new technologies and looking to update your technical knowledge
- Diverse experience from interesting past projects
Good to have
- Networking in games experience
- Experience in implementing and mantaining features on game servers
- Experience with other programming languages like Golang or Rustlang
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills
- Open to feedback
- Collaborative and consensus-driven approach
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.