Who are we?
Have you ever wanted to build something that helps others create and explore? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help players share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of other players at the same time? Right now, we’re searching for a Technical Artist to join the team doing exactly that! We’re building what we truly believe is the future of creative gaming, giving the players a plethora of design tools to create games, experiences and more. Once creators are happy with what they’re building, they can share it with others, securely, knowing full well their creation is safe and more importantly - theirs.
With ground-breaking technologies available to you as a part of Ringtail, this team is unique. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for a mid-level to senior Technical Artist with experience in the mobile gaming space. Our project is ambitious and you will be one of the senior positions in building up the actual 3D world. Working closely with the Art Director and Tech Lead, you will be responsible of building up the pipelines and tools between Art and Tech, shader coding, asset and scene optimizing, and VFX.
We are currently on the lookout for two technical artists: one VFX expert and one UI pro. If you think any of these could be the right fit for you, keep reading!
Your day-to-day as a Technical Artist
- Collaborating with artists and designers to create game assets that are both visually stunning and technically sound
- Developing and maintaining art pipelines and tools to ensure efficient workflows for the art team
- Working closely with the engineers to integrate art assets into the game engine, optimizing performance and ensuring compatibility across platforms
- Developing and maintaining shaders and materials that are efficient, visually compelling, and work seamlessly with the game engine
- Creating and implementing visual effects that enhance the game's immersive experience
- Identifying and developing tools to support artists and engineers
- Providing technical oversight, direction, and mentorship to the team
- Staying up-to-date with the latest art and technical trends and techniques and continuously improve our art pipeline
- Experience with building up pipelines and tools for mobile and PC games
- Expert knowledge of implementing complex 3D & 2D art assets and optimizing
- Clear understanding of modular modelling, procedural modelling, procedural texture generation
- Full experience of making new shaders for mobile games
- Expert level of Unity3D and Shadergraph, as well as Blender, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Zbrush, 3D Coat, Spine Animation
- Good Understanding of C# and Python
- Good artistic eye and imagination to make eye catching VFX and shaders based on limited references
- A portfolio that demonstrates and highlights your best work in games
Good to have
- 2-6 years of mobile game experience with multiple different projects
- Willingness to learn new skills, and adopt new software quickly
- As a gamer, you bring ideas from your gaming experiences
- Start-up game development studio experience
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision
- Open to feedback and iterations
- Interested in new gaming fields and trends
- Pro-active artist who always takes feedback seriously and loves sharing ideas
- Positive attitude towards your general approach to work life
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.