Who are we?
Have you ever wanted to build something that helps others create and explore? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help players share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of other players at the same time? Right now, we’re searching for a Senior Sound Designer to join the team doing exactly that! We’re building what we truly believe is the future of creative gaming, giving the players a plethora of design tools to create games, experiences and more. Once creators are happy with what they’re building, they can share it with others, securely, knowing full well their creation is safe and more importantly - theirs.
With ground-breaking technologies available to you as a part of Ringtail, this team is unique. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer with experience of the full Audio pipeline, that will help our team to come up with creative and technical solutions for the audio of our new and ambitious project. You will take part in the important decisions related to audio and drive the sound design and audio efforts forward. To tackle the challenges of this unique project, you are both creative and structured in your work. Gaining and sharing knowledge comes easy to you.
Your day-to-day as a Senior Sound Designer
- Setting up and improving audio workflows and pipelines
- Mentoring and collaborating with a multi-disciplin team
- Leading the audio project across all areas, including groundwork setup, structure, organization, production and implementation
- Working along-side audio programmers and sound designers to drive and develop features and systems based on creative vision, current as well as future needs
- Supervising the creative and technical execution of the audio work
- Helping defining and realizing the sound design vision and technical execution plan
- Handling communication with external stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience leading a project from pre- to post production
- Knowledge about audio implementation middleware such as FMOD or Wwise
- Experience in leading collaboration with external partners such as library providers, outsourcing partners, etc.
- Good overhead knowledge of the full audio pipeline, including workflow set up, production, implementation and audio branding
- Experience working with game development teams and coordinating work with various departments such as animation, level- & game design, programming, etc.
Good to have
- Experience shipping a AAA release
- In depth experience and knowledge of audio implementation
- Proficiency with Reaper DAW
- Proficiency in audio tool creation
- Has a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills
- Open to feedback
- Collaborative and consensus-driven approach
- Likes to solve problems and find creative solutions
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.