Who are we?
Have you ever wanted to build something that helps others create and explore? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help players share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of other players at the same time? Right now, we’re searching for a Junior UI Engineer to join the team doing exactly that! We’re building what we truly believe is the future of creative gaming, giving the players a plethora of design tools to create games, experiences and more. Once creators are happy with what they’re building, they can share it with others, securely, knowing full well their creation is safe and more importantly - theirs.
With ground-breaking technologies available to you as a part of Ringtail, this team is unique. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Junior UI Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a UI Engineer, you will work closely with experienced professionals to implement and optimize user interfaces for our cutting-edge video game. This role is an excellent opportunity for you who are early in your career and eager to contribute to the exciting world of game development.
Your day-to-day as an Junior UI Engineer
- Developing intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces for our video game
- Collaborating with senior engineers, game designers, and artists to understand and implement UI requirements
- Utilizing Unity's UI toolkit to create UI features that enhance player engagement and overall user experience
- Writing clean and efficient code for UI systems and components
- Working in identifying and resolving UI-related issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field (alternatively UI-focused internship in a game development company or 1 year of experience in any engineer role in the game industry)
- Familiarity with Unity and Unity's UI Toolkit
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in UI development in the game industry
- Passion for video games and a desire to learn and grow in the gaming industry
Good to have
- Previous work experience related to UI design in games
- Familiarity with CSS, XML
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Willingness to grow and learn in the role
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills
- Open to feedback
- Collaborative and consensus-driven approach
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.